The Second biggest state of South America— Argentina has a surface of 2.8 million square kilometers. The country has 33 million inhabitants and nearly half of them live in the surroundings of Buenos Aires, one of the most cosmopolitan cities of the world. Argentina is a fascinating land of contrasts where the exceptional is almost commonplace. It’s home to an abundant wildlife, enjoys a unique culture, and delights in an astonishing variety of landscapes from tropical rain forest in the north to the remote vastness of the Antarctic in the South. Three big landscapes form the country: the Andes in the west, the northern and western flatland as well as the wide plains of Patagonia in the South. The country that is stretched in length has three climatic zones: tropic in the north, moderate in the center and polar in the extreme South. The Indian aborigines only live in the north-western Andean region and in the north-east province of Misiones. The rest of the population is mainly composed of European immigrants. The official language is Spanish, but in bigger towns English is also quite common.
Squeezed between Andes and Pacific is the country of Chile with a maximum width of 44 kilometers. This country is a unique thin, 4.300 kilometers long coastal stripe. For many people, Chile is still a white spot on the map, but behind there lies an extremely rich and original nature beauty that makes this country with its friendly population a very attractive destination. It units the driest desert of the world, abundant forests as well as fantastic glaciers and fjords. The European influence can be noticed in the towns, by the people with their culture and politeness. That is why Chile today is one of the highest developed countries of South America in which all ‘works’.
Upon arrival in Buenos Aires, transfer from the airport to the hotel.
Buenos Aires is not only the capital of Argentina; it is also one of the 10 most important metropolises in the world and the center of the political, economic and intellectual life of the country. This cosmopolitan city - with great European cultural influence - displays a refined taste in its cooking, in its ”boutiques” and in the elegance of its inhabitants. Almost 12 million people live there and can enjoy the plentiful night life visiting ”tango” bars, cabarets, discotheques, restaurants or eternally open bars. During the day, a wide variety of attractions is offered: museums, art galleries, tasteful shops, fascinating antiques, large green areas, parks, wide tree lined boulevards, clubs and sporting events. The Italian-Spanish descent of the inhabitants has formed this modern metropolis. Feel the flair, above all in the Italian old quarter La Boca and in the wide streets with cafes from the turn of the century. At the Plaza de Mayo, in the political center of town, is the starting point of this tour through this exciting capital. The widest street of the world, the very famous opera house and also the shopping street Florida make Buenos Aires unforgettable.
In the evening, you will be taken to the Tango House La Ventana, because visiting a Tango Show is a MUST when you are in Buenos Aires! La Ventana is one of the most authentic tango houses and is located in the San Telmo neighborhood, the heart of the tango scene in Buenos Aires.
The Tango tradition started at the end of the last century, developing from a mixture of various rhythms, which were originally danced in the poorer quarters. In the beginning, Tango was only danced by men, accompanied by flutes, violins and guitars. The flutes were later replaced by the "Bandoneón" (a type of accordion), which gave the tango its distinctive flavor.
During the excursion you can opt between a tango lesson with specialized teachers or a wine tasting session of different Argentinean wines. Afterwards, you will enjoy dinner (which includes three courses and non-alcoholic beverages as well as half a bottle of wine or two glasses of beer per person) and a tango show.
After the tango show return back to the hotel. Arrival at the hotel around midnight.
**Remarks: The excursion is shared with international travelers. The transfers hotel-tango house and vv. take place with other international travelers from different hotels and Spanish speaking driver. The tango lesson/wine tasting session is bilingual (Spanish/English)
Middle Class: Overnight at Hotel Loi Suites Esmeralda 3* or similar (Studio)
Comfort Class: Overnight at Hotel Grand Brizo 4* or similar (Comfort room)
Get in touch with the birth city of the Tango! During your city tour in Buenos Aires you will drive along 9 de Julio Avenue, the widest avenue of the world, you will pass close to the Colon Theatre, one of the world's best known opera houses and the cultural pride of the "Bonaerenses".
Visit the famous Avenida de Mayo that runs into the Plaza De Mayo, surrounded by the Casa Rosada (Government House), the Metropolitan Cathedral and the Cabildo (first City Hall, built during Spanish rule). At the other end of Avenida de Mayo the cupola of the Congress building can be seen. Stop and inside visit of the Metropolitan Cathedral, this imposing neo-classical building is Argentina´s main catholic building. The mausoleum of General San Martin (our National Hero) is located inside the Cathedral, and Pope Francisco used to celebrate religious services in this Cathedral when he was cardinal of Buenos Aires city.
We will stop at the famous Café Tortoni, the oldest literati café of the city. Enjoy a cup of coffee & snack. Your next stop is La Boca, a most colorful area with the famous street Caminito. Continue to the north area and visit the Recoleta area, one of the city’s most glamorous spots. Here you will see elegant boutiques and excellent restaurants, surrounded by centennial trees.
The heart of the neighborhood is the Recoleta cemetery. The cemetery is the centre of this aristocratic neighborhood, and the most relevant personalities of Argentina’s history rest in this place. The mausoleums and pantheons reflect the architectural diversity emerging from the different cultural tendencies Argentina incorporated in its formation as a nation. The cemetery is considered to be one of the most impressive monuments of Argentina. 30min stop includes visit of Eva Duarte`s grave, known as Eva Perón (Evita).
Afternoon and evening free at leisure – available tours are optional.
Optional: Argentina culinary experience (3h 30min) - On shared basis
This tour is designed to give you an introduction to the best of Argentine cuisine and culture. This is not a cooking class, but a fun and unique experience, where you will meet and dine with people from all over the world.
The international team of guides are on hand to spoil you and take you through every step of this culinary journey:
Each guest is welcomed with a welcoming drink. At first you will try Patagonian trout tartar served with Torrontes wine. Choose from the gourmet fillings and create your own Empanada learning the traditional ‘repulgue’ technique for beef as well as cheese and ham fillings. Enjoy a typical Argentinian Picada with Grilled Provoleta Cheese, Sliced Chorizo Sausage, Mollejas (Gizzard) and our homemade Chimichurri.
Learn the most important Argentinian gestures during a short class. Enjoy what many are claiming to be the very best steak in Argentina, cooked to order and accompanied with velvety mash potatoes and a variety of roasted vegetables marinated with vinaigrette of rosemary. These top of the line thick cut filet steaks have a unique 24 hour preparation method that sets apart from the rest. Vegetarian, Pescetarian and Celiac options are available on request.
Two distinct Malbec wines, from boutique wineries in Mendoza, paired to complement food. Learn about and enjoy unlimited wine throughout the dinner. White wine is also available on request.
Enjoy a Cuartirolo cheese tasting with dulce de batata (produced of sweet potato) and dulce de madera (Argentina is the only country in the world where a special kind of wood can be eaten). For desert make your own alfajores, Argentina’s national sweet, where biscuits, dulce de leche, melted chocolate fondue and coconut shavings combine to delight the senses.
Finally, get taught about the history and etiquette of mate, Argentina’s national pastime, and prepare it from scratch among yourselves.
A fun and dynamic way to approach Argentina cuisine and Argentinean habits while meeting other international travelers!
**Remark: The tour is shared with international travelers. The transfers take place on private basis with Spanish speaking driver. Time: 07:30 pm – 11:00 pm. Not available on Sundays.
Transfer to the domestic airport for the flight to Ushuaia. Upon arrival at Ushuaia Airport, transfer to your hotel.
On your way to the hotel you will do a short orientating city tour with a foto stop at one of the panoramic viewpoints of Ushuaia.
Ushuaia is the capital of the territory and the southernmost city in the world. Like Rio Grande Ushuaia has grown fast in the last few years, thanks to immigration and the electronics industry in the area. You should not miss the End of the World Museum, the old prison and to explore some restaurants to try the excellent spider crabs. A walk around the harbor is interesting too, where some old boats can be seen. Ushuaia and its scenery inspired the research and fantasies of Jules Verne, Fitz Roy, Charles Darwin and Emilio Salgari.
Middle Class: Overnight at Hotel Patagonia Jarke 3* or similar (standard room)
Comfort Class: Overnight at Hotel Cilene del Faro 4* or similar (standard room)
In the morning, you will go on a half day tour to the Tierra del Fuego National Park, where you will get the impression as if time goes slower than anywhere else. The long stormy winters and the width of the sky formed a very simple and modest way of living. The National Park is crossed by many rivers which flow into the Beagle Channel.
Drive through the park to enjoy the landscapes and have a little walk. In the afternoon transfer from Ushuaia city in northeast direction along National Road 3 and provincial route J to Estancia Harberton, it’s a rustic way with unpaved roads in some sections of the trip.
Estancia Harberton is located 90km (56mi.) from Ushuaia city and on the shores of Beagle Channel. Upon arrival at Harberton you can take a look around the farm and learn something about its origins. The estancia was founded in 1886 by the Anglican missioner Thomas Bridges and it is the oldest building on the island.
Later on, you will take a short sailing trip (15min one way) aboard semi rigid boats in order to cross to Martillo Island. At this point you will have the chance to watch a colony of Magellan and Gentoo penguins and walk close to them. First penguins arrive at Isla Martillo by late October (just few couples can be seen). Best penguin season is by mid-November till mid-April. Penguins share their habitat with different birds, so you will see during the walking tour: skuas (main penguin predator), albatrosses, petrels, cormorants, and other birds from the area.
Return back to Estancia Haberton aboard the semi rigs boat (15min navigation trip), sometime at leisure to visit the Birds and Sea Mammals museum before returning back to Ushuaia city by land (2h), 90km (56 mi.).
**Remarks: SIC – shared with other International Travelers
Bilingual guide: English / Spanish
Sea mammals Museum entrance fee not included.
Difficulty: Low. This is an ideal tour for adventurous people who enjoy close contact with nature, visit to Isla Martillo is a nice experience but it can be very cold and windy (there is no place to be sheltered while visiting this island).
This tour is not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Transfer to the airport and flight to El Calafate (not included). Pick up at the airport by our local guide and transfer to the hotel.
El Calafate – The village of El Calafate on Lake Argentino, is an expensive and developing Tourist Center. There is a chapel dedicated to Santa Teresa in the center, behind it Perito Moreno Street gently climbs the large hill south of the town, from which one can see the silhouette of the south end of the Andes, the Redonda Lake and Soledad Island on Argentino Lake. It is the southern gateway to the Los Glaciares National Park, which is 50 km (31 mi) away. On the alluvial plain by the lake there are many interesting birds, and in the other direction there is scope for good hill walking. Colorful cave paintings are also captivating.
Middle Class: Overnight at Hotel Sierra Nevada 3* or similar (standard room)
Comfort Class: Overnight at Hotel Kosten Aike 4* or similar (standard room)
Today guests will go on a full day tour to the Perito Moreno Glacier. After a drive through the National Park Los Glaciares one arrive all of a sudden in a forest full of colours, before one sees - equally unexpected - the glacier Perito Moreno. This is one of the few glaciers that are still growing. Every 4 to 5 years it covers the gap between the mainland and itself and grows into the Lago Argentino. Eventually the ice cannot resist the enormous pressure of the water and crashes with a frightening noise. One can watch this glacier spectacle every day when single ice blocks fall into the lake. Considering that the glacier is 5 km long and 70 m high one can imagine the noise this makes. Here we will have 2 hours to experience the glacier before driving back to Calafate.
**Remark: The excursion is shared with other international travellers and accompanied by an English-speaking guide.
In the morning, transfer to the bus terminal. From here guests will travel on the public bus to Puerto Natales. Pick up at the bus terminal and transfer to your hotel.
**Remark: The transfer from Calafate to Puerto Natales is in a public bus, without local guide.
Middle Class: Overnight at Hotel Costaustralis 4* or similar (City view)
Comfort Class: Overnight at Hotel Costaustralis 4* or similar (Sea View)
After breakfast, drive to the Torres del Paine National Park. You will be able to appreciate the most spectacular worldwide reserve at the end of the world, 150km northwest from Puerto Natales. On this protected area you will find a fertile combination of Lakes, Lagoons, Waterfalls, Glaciers, Hills and Peaks. Inside the area, the road is surrounded with dozens of Lagoon, contrasting with hills and snow-capped mountains. You will visit among other things the Milodon Cave and the Salto Grande waterfall.
In the late afternoon drive back to the hotel.
**Remark: The excursion is shared with other international travelers and accompanied by an English-speaking guide.
Middle Class: Overnight at Hotel Costaustralis 4* or similar (City View)
Comfort Class: Overnight at Hotel Costaustralis 4* or similar (Sea View)
Early morning transfer to the bus terminal in Puerto Natales and transfer by public bus (4h) to the city of Punta Arenas.
**Remark: The transfer from Puerto Natales to Punta Arenas is in a public bus, without local guide.
Punta Arenas found in 1848 at the shores of the Magellan Strait, is definitely a town with "European” character. Sheep-breeding, oil and chemical factories, fishery and commerce are the main sources of income. Penguin colonies and immense farms, as well as a usually cold and windy climate will be experienced here.
Afterwards continue to Punta Arenas Airport for your flight to Santiago de Chile (not included). Upon arrival, transfer to the hotel.
Middle Class: Overnight at Hotel Principado Express 3* or similar (standard room)
Comfort Class: Overnight at Hotel Marina Las Condes 4* or similar (standard room)
Santiago de Chile is a city of contrasts with traces of its colonial past mixed with the ultramodern, high-rise buildings of the financial center; Chile’s capital will surprise you. This tour offers you the opportunity to see this eclectic mix for yourself. The tour begins by heading south through the downtown area, to get to the heart of the city. From here, you head along the famous Alameda, Santiago’s colorful main avenue, where you’ll see some important iconic constructions such as the Chilean University, San Francisco Church and the Santa Lucia Hill, site of Santiago’s foundation in 1541. Then you continue towards the Plaza de Armas and the cathedral. Very close from here is the famous Central Market, which is the main market for fresh fish and seafood, an interesting building, dating back to the end of the 19th century: It is a steel construction, built in London and brought to Chile by ship. Afterwards, you continue the tour crossing the Mapocho River to reach the bohemian Bellavista district on the way to the San Cristobal Hill. From one of the hill’s viewpoints, you will have the finest views of Santiago and the Andes Mountains. To round off the tour, you will pass through the modern residential areas of the city with their daring architecture to come back to your hotel.
**Remark: Saturdays and Sundays San Cristobal Hill is closed to vehicles from 08:00 to 14:00 hrs. For city tours that take place in the morning the Santa Lucia´s Hill will be visited instead.
Optional: Wine pairing at Vinolia (3h)
We invite you to discover the secrets of the Chilean wine without leaving Santiago!
We will pick you up from your hotel and take you to Vinolia: “The wine adventure”, where in the “Sensory exploration room” you can discover 48 aromas associated with wine in a setting that also recreates sounds and images that give a sense of being in a vineyard.The visit continues in the cinema room with a virtual panoramic flight that shows you the Casablanca, Maipo and the Colchagua Valley on a giant screen. Five wineries have been chosen in accordance with the quality and prestige of their wines.
As you watch the video, you will taste five superior-quality wines, one from each winery, as the winemaker leads the tasting on screen and reveals the secrets behind each label. The tasting is accompanied by a selection of cheeses and dried fruits.
Once the tour has finished, visitors are free to continue enjoying their visit in the Emporium and Wine & Appetizers on their leisure. Afterwards return to your hotel.
**Remark: The transfers hotel/Vinolia/hotel are on private basis with English speaking guide (who will assist you until the Sensory exploration room only). The visit at Vinolia is together with other international travelers. The film shown during the wine taste is in Spanish with English subtitles. The winemakers speak only Spanish.
Middle Class: Overnight at Hotel Principado Express 3* or similar (standard room)
Comfort Class: Overnight at Hotel Marina Las Condes 4* or similar (standard room)
Transfer to the airport for your flight back home.
Your journey starts in Day 1 as you arrive in Buenos Aires and Transfer to the Hotel.
Your journey ends in Day 11 in Santiago as you transfer from the hotel to the Airport for your return flight.
1. Departure is guaranteed with a minimum of 02 participants. The operation of the tour can only be guaranteed by the end of the free cancellation deadline of the land services, which is for middle class 60 days and for comfort class 55 days prior to departure.
2. The transfers on arrival and departure day are included in the roundtrip rate from 02 persons on; in case 01 pax arrives/departs separately, surcharges for extra transfers will apply.
3. All transfers and excursions are on seat-in-service and include local English speaking guides (changing in each area), except of the following non-exclusive services:
- Day 1: Dinner & Tango Show at La Ventana Tango House on regular seat-in basis
- Day 2: Argentina culinary experience on regular seat-in basis
- Day 4: Trekking at Isla Martillo and Estancia Harberton Tour on regular seat-in basis
- Day 6 + 8: Perito Moreno and Paine National Park on regular seat-in basis
- Day 7 + 9: Transfers Calafate/Puerto Natales/Punta Arenas airport by public bus without local guide.
Transfers and excursions are provided together for middle and comfort class passengers.
4. The small group guarantee of max. 16 participants cannot be ensured for services on regular seat-in-basis (non-exclusive services).
5. Cancellation Policy:
- Until 60 days prior departure no cancellation fee
- From 59 until 31 days prior departure maximum 50% cancellation fee
- From 30 until 20 days prior departure maximum 80% cancellation fee
- From 19 until 0 days prior departure there will be 95% cancellation fee
Cancellation fees for flights are subject to separate cancellation conditions depending on the Airline. For some airlines cancellation fees will apply already 60 days before arrival.
6. Palace Tours is not responsible for any belongings of the passengers carried during any services rendered by Palace Tours, such as transfers or tours.
7. In case of early transfers breakfast at the hotel cannot be guaranteed. If a dinner is included in the program it cannot be guaranteed in case of unforeseen late arrivals.
8. We hold an allotment for the needed internal flights and can provide the booking accordingly. In this case, we will issue the tickets and invoice the tour operator accordingly. In case the tour operator books the internal flights themselves, we inform the correspondent flight numbers to be booked. With this, we can ensure that the whole group will travel together on the same flights.
9. Our prices include taxes, entrance fees, tax & service charges in the hotels and the obligatory luggage fees at the airports and in the hotels. Meals are included as and when mentioned in our program (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
10. Our prices do not include: airport taxes, airfares, personal expenses, extras in the hotels and tips.
11. We have the right to sell this tour to other clients without any exception.
12. The above mentioned rates for pre- and post-nights at the group hotels are subject to availability and valid for max. 3 nights. During special events at the hotels and from the 4th night on, a higher rate could apply.
13. Optional tours can be pre-booked through Palace Tours or in cash, on the spot. Credit cards may not be accepted on the spot reservations.
14. Flights not booked via Palace Tours can only be reconfirmed by Palace Tours with the correct and complete file key of your booking.
15. For group flight reservations in general, no seat assignments can be made in advance so that preferred seating cannot be guaranteed. Groups are checked in at the airport, when the seats are distributed by the airlines.
16. Complete passenger details including full name, passport number and validity date, Nationality, date of birth and international ticket number are required, 8 years prior to arrival.
17. Rates for accommodation services in Argentina are based on bookings made by non-resident foreign visitors. For nationals or foreign residents in Argentina, rates are not valid and a surcharge of 21% local tax applies on all hotel services. We require the complete information (name and surname, nationality, country of residence, passport number) on behalf of each passenger at the time of placing a firm booking (FITs) or at the time of confirming the final allotment of a group booking or series (“final rooming list”). In some cases, we may require you to send us a copy of the passports of each passenger.
Important: Cancellation charges for hotel services may increase to 121% of the sales rate in case of no-show or last-minute cancellation. In such cases the 21% local tax (IVA), which are refunded to tourists with foreign residency, will be charged in addition to our quoted hotel rates.
18. Rates for hotel services in Chile are based on bookings made by non-resident foreign visitors. For nationals or foreign residents in Chile, rates are not valid and a surcharge of 19% local tax applies on all hotel services.
Important: Cancellation charges for hotel services may increase to 119% of the sales rate in case of no-show or last-minute cancellation. In such cases the 19% local tax (IVA), from which tourists are exonerated upon presentation of their passport during Check-in, will be charged in addition to our quoted hotel rates.
19. Visitors entering with passports from Australia, Albania or Mexico have to pay a reciprocity fee when entering Chile through the international airport in Santiago. The amount varies due to the country of origin and is subject to change.
20. Please inquire at the competent authorities about the actual entry permit, validity of passports and the vaccination regulations.
21. Our general conditions apply.
22. Palace Tours' liability will be limited to the reimbursement of services supplied for failure of services contracted by us. Palace Tours cannot be held liable for any injury, loss, accident, delay or irregularity occasioned by air-carriers or third-party suppliers and by natural phenomena, sickness, war, quarantine, strike, or any other kind of force major or by attendance to Federal Police, customs and Health Authorities regulations.
Conditions of Payment:
Unless otherwise agreed, the full payment is due 40 days prior to arrival.
We recommend the following pre-programmes:
We recommend the following post-programmes:
In addition to this, we offer customized extensions in all regions upon request.
Palace Tours is the official representative in the US for :
Advantage of dealing with Palace Tours
12000 Biscayne Blvd. Suite #107, Miami FL 33181
Toll Free (US & Canada): 800-724-5120